SAMI - Program Eligibility
The Student Academic Multicultural Initiatives coordinates its' budget on a fiscal year, July 1 - June 30. It is, therefore, required that all inquiries and transactions for the upcoming academic year be initiated or completed during the appropriate fiscal year.
SAMI Criteria for Individual Applicants:
SAMI Criteria for Student Organizations:
- Individual students may receive funding only once per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30). (Please visit Categories for different levels of awards for Individual applicants.)
- All applicants must be currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor campus
- Financial Need. Submitting a proposal through SAMI grants permission for OAMI staff to verify a student's financial eligibility through the Office of Financial Aid. Students who receive Federal or State financial aid will need to demonstrate sufficient remaining need to qualify for a SAMI grant.
- Student organizations may receive funding totaling $1000 per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30)
- Registered student group with the Michigan Student Assembly (MSA) with a University Fund account through the Student Organization Account Service (SOAS)
- Submission of final reports from previous SAMI grants is required for any consideration by the SAMI Committee