SAMI - Applications & faculty/staff Endorsements
In order to best support our students and student organizations, there is a NEW process this year for submitting SAMI applications! Please review the details of the website closely.
Please email Je'Nai Talley with any questions regarding the registration form at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 936-1055
Please click on the application below that you would like to fill out. When you have completed the form, select the "submit" button at the bottom of the page.
The Application Process
At the time of submission, all SAMI proposals MUST be in the following format:
- Applicants must apply for SAMI funding via SAMI web site. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- A description of the academic multicultural component
- This is the most important criteria and should be addressed separately
- How event/project is both academic AND multicultural
- Connection to SAMI's purpose and criteria
- A summary of the proposal
- Brief background on you or your student organization
- Very specific description on the details of proposed event/project
- Qualifications of guest speaker/performer
- Contribution to the campus community
- An itemized budget of expenses and other sources of funding
- Include costs of facilities, speaker/honorarium fees, equipment and supplies, advertisement, transportation, and all other related costs
- Other sources of funding - approved and pending
- Faculty/Staff Endorsement
- In order to foster positive academic relationships between faculty & staff and students, particularly undergraduates, SAMI requires all student applicants to first seek endorsement of events from faculty & staff members.
- The recommenders will give their endorsements based on their belief that the project/event has both academic and multicultural significance.
- Students are responsible for contacting recommenders and making them aware of the link to the recommender endorsement.
- Recommenders, please click here to give your endorsement.
2012-2013 Application Deadlines
In order to give the SAMI Committee adequate time to review the applications, all proposals will be due one week before the monthly review meetings.
Friday, September 28, 2012 by 5pm
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 by 5pm
Friday, November 30, 2012 by 5pm
Friday, January 4, 2013 by 5pm
Thursday, January 31, 2013 by 5pm
Thursday, February 28, 2013 by 5pm
Friday, March 29, 2013 by 5pm
The SAMI committee will meet during the week following each deadline and students/organizations can expect a reply no later than 2 weeks after the deadline. Students are strongly encouraged to pay attention to the deadlines and review cycle timeline so awarded funding is received in time for programming.
Submitted proposals missing any of the above information, including final reports from the previous year, will be considered incomplete and will not be considered by the SAMI Committee.
The SAMI Coordinator is available to assist you with the application process or to answer any of your questions. Please contact Je'Nai Talley, SAMI Coordinator, by phone at (734) 936-1055 or via email at email@example.com.