|The Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives|
INTELLECTUAL MINDS MAKING A DIFFERENCE (IMMAD)
The purpose of Intellectual Minds Making a Difference (IMMAD) is to help eradicate the racial achievement gap in southeastern Michigan, to empower Detroit area high school students and nurture their desire for academic success.
THE IMMAD APPLICATION PROCESS IS OPEN FOR THE 2012-2013 ACADEMIC YEAR.
To participate, please fill out the application, submit it via email or the US mail. Please see the application for more details and instructions.
The goals of IMMAD are to:
IMMAD offers high school sophomores or juniors* a unique opportunity to learn and grow. The program offers eight months of free ACT preparation, workshops related to various aspects of college admissions and assistance in completing college applications to high school students in the Detroit area.
• The sessions run from September through early April.
• The IMMAD program is FREE
• FREE Breakfast and lunch are provided for all participants
• There are 12 required sessions. Each session takes place on Saturdays
• Sessions take place at the University of Michigan’s Detroit Center, near
• This is not a drop-in program-- attendance is mandatory and a strict attendance
• Applicants will be notified of their status in early September.
IMMAD’s detailed and cumulative ACT Preparatory Course for its participants is
a mentor that took the testhis or herself only a short time ago. An IMMAD
University of Michigan students who are interested in volunteering as mentors should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the student co-chair of IMMAD at (313) 421-1693.
*Any high school sophomore or junior in southeast Michigan is eligible to apply.
**Transportation to and from sessions is not provided. Participants must arrange